My first easel card

 AC012

Gosh.....I am way behind schedule when it comes to updating my blog lately. I have so many cards waiting in line to be uploaded and blogged about. Things have been really chaotic around here so much so that I'm forgetting a lot of things including not taking a video of my first easel card! I totally forgot! Arrrggghh! I hate it when things like this happens. OH WHAT TO DO! The card has been sent out last month and the occasion is all over. If only I could turn back time.

Yes, it was my first easel card. I took a risk doing it, with permission from my customer, as he only wanted a simple anniversary card for his wife but me being someone who likes challenges, I opted to do something different from the original design that I've done before. He wanted this card HERE, just click on it and you will see what it looks like. It's similar to the quilling birds that I did for this easel card. The old design was done in 2012. So long ago and I've learned so much since then, so I wanted to apply new techniques on this new design. I just don't see myself doing certain techniques anymore. Hence the new look. :)

I'm just glad that my customer let me do whatever I wanted. He's happy, I'm happy. That's all that matters! I get to try and do something new and I loved it. I never thought that I would like making the easel card but I did. Sometimes, there are certain designs that would look better using this type of card fold. So I'm glad that I decided to do it. 


I also had fun sewing beads on the card. I sew them all around the card to make it look like a frame. At first I thought of just sewing the green thread all around but since I wanted to do something different, I thought it would be nice to add those seed beads. I love experimenting and trying out new things. It just makes the experience a little more fun than usual :).


4 comments:

Asia said...

Slms Azlina, very beautiful and interesting card, I really like the idea of beads around, first I thought that's the small drops of green paint ;-) and your quilling perfect as always, I admire it all the time :-)

yolanda diego said...

cantiknya.

MetalFimo2 said...

carini questi uccellini , brava ciao.

HeNRieTTa JoSe said...

this is so cute....i love the beads sewing...it looks so nice....

Featured Post

How to make two tone tear drop shape quilling flowers

We are coming close to mid February and I'm blogging about something that I did last January! LOL! It's been a month sin...