Pop up 3 layers birthday cake card

HB138

First card for August! It just so happens that on the 1st of August, my Mom and I celebrated a dear old friend's birthday. So for that I made a card for the birthday girl who turned 62 this year. I still can't believe she's 62! Wow! Feeling a little old myself right now! We're 20 years apart! Known her since I was in kindergarten. Always thought that she was the prettiest school teacher at the school where my Mom and Dad taught in.

Anyways...back to the card design hahaha....as always, I would be rushing like a mad woman trying to get the card done on time as I was extremely busy at the time with orders. In the midst of figuring out what to do....I realised that she has never received a pop up card from me before. So, I thought, it would be a good idea for her to get one from me this time around. The fastest and easiest pop up for me to do when I have very little time is that pop up 3 layers or tiers birthday cake I bought from MR. DIY two years ago. I bought quite a few of them so that I can use in times when I am in a hurry haha! I love that the cake comes with numbers that we can use to show how old the person is. It's a diy pop up cake...you would have to assemble it yourself. Luckily for me since I know how to assemble that type of pop up, it was easy peasy for me to do.


Usually it would take me about 5 to 6 times to write Happy Birthday with the calligraphy pen before I can get it right. I was surprised I only did it once this time and was happy with it! LUCKY ME!! Saved my ink! LOL!!!

Do check out the video below and see how the card pops up!! Thank you!!


No comments:

Featured Post

How to make two tone tear drop shape quilling flowers

We are coming close to mid February and I'm blogging about something that I did last January! LOL! It's been a month sin...